INFORMATION

This website uses cookies to store information on your computer. Some of these cookies are essential to make our site work and others help us to improve by giving us some insight into how the site is being used. For further information, see our Privacy Policy.

Brexit News For Brexiteers, please see the link

...on serious topics that don't fit anywhere else at present.
Message
Author
User avatar
coffee
Posts: 653
Joined: June 2nd, 2009, 4:53 pm

Brexit News For Brexiteers, please see the link

#1 Postby coffee » January 8th, 2018, 12:07 pm

Brexit News For Brexiteers, please see the link

Forget project fear mark 2, be informed!


https://www.bing.com/news/search?q=Late ... DAB59A0B52

-------

On twitter for the following




BrexitCentral

@BrexitCentral

Following @BrexitCentral
--------


Westmonster

@WestmonsterUK

Following @WestmonsterUK

------


LEAVE.EU

Verified account

@LeaveEUOfficial


@LeaveEUOfficial


-------

Leave Means Leave

@LeaveMnsLeave


-------

Get Britain Out

@GetBritainOut

User avatar
animist
Posts: 6074
Joined: July 30th, 2010, 11:36 pm

Re: Brexit News For Brexiteers, please see the link

#2 Postby animist » January 10th, 2018, 2:19 pm

"Forget Project Fear Mark 2, be informed!" I don't see how forgetting anything helps one to be informed, but thanks for posting this lot, coffee. I may comment on some of the items included

Niswander
Posts: 1
Joined: January 11th, 2018, 10:30 am

Re: Brexit News For Brexiteers, please see the link

#3 Postby Niswander » January 21st, 2018, 11:58 am

I'm sure Coffee meant it as just a figure of speech. Looking forward to reading more about this. Thanks, Coffee.

User avatar
animist
Posts: 6074
Joined: July 30th, 2010, 11:36 pm

Re: Brexit News For Brexiteers, please see the link

#4 Postby animist » January 21st, 2018, 12:12 pm

Niswander wrote:I'm sure Coffee meant it as just a figure of speech. Looking forward to reading more about this. Thanks, Coffee.

I have no idea what coffee meant, I just observed what seemed to me to be a strange juxtaposition of ideas. If you are interested in Brexit I hope you look at the original thread on this important topic, which is "In or Out?" Actually, coffee, what DID you mean by starting this thread - are only those TH members who are Brexiteers supposed to use it?

User avatar
coffee
Posts: 653
Joined: June 2nd, 2009, 4:53 pm

Re: Brexit News For Brexiteers, please see the link

#5 Postby coffee » January 21st, 2018, 1:24 pm

Yes, for Brexiteers only.

The others are stinkingly inferior :laughter: :hilarity: :D

User avatar
animist
Posts: 6074
Joined: July 30th, 2010, 11:36 pm

Re: Brexit News For Brexiteers, please see the link

#6 Postby animist » January 22nd, 2018, 11:34 am

oh well sorry, I am using it anyway! :laughter:

User avatar
animist
Posts: 6074
Joined: July 30th, 2010, 11:36 pm

Re: Brexit News For Brexiteers, please see the link

#7 Postby animist » January 22nd, 2018, 3:22 pm

actually, whatever your intentions were in setting this site up, coffee, it looks quite a useful news link on Brexit, with items both for and against

User avatar
coffee
Posts: 653
Joined: June 2nd, 2009, 4:53 pm

Re: Brexit News For Brexiteers, please see the link

#8 Postby coffee » January 22nd, 2018, 5:54 pm

it looks quite a useful news link on Brexit, with items both for and against

That was what I sort of trying to do. I am glad that you find it useful animist, thanks.

User avatar
coffee
Posts: 653
Joined: June 2nd, 2009, 4:53 pm

Re: Brexit News For Brexiteers, please see the link

#9 Postby coffee » February 13th, 2018, 11:20 am

Not fast enough!


"NEW YEAR'S LEAVE 2020 Britain to be free of Brussels on New Year’s Eve 2020 – three months early"

"BRITAIN will finally cut ties with Brussels three months earlier than planned on New Year’s Eve 2020, The Sun can reveal."

Here it is

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/5562438/b ... ths-early/

User avatar
Alan H
Posts: 22422
Joined: July 3rd, 2007, 10:26 pm

Re: Brexit News For Brexiteers, please see the link

#10 Postby Alan H » February 13th, 2018, 11:41 am

coffee wrote:Not fast enough!


"NEW YEAR'S LEAVE 2020 Britain to be free of Brussels on New Year’s Eve 2020 – three months early"

"BRITAIN will finally cut ties with Brussels three months earlier than planned on New Year’s Eve 2020, The Sun can reveal."

Here it is

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/5562438/b ... ths-early/
And no one, least of all the Tories, has a clue as to what we are transitioning to. There are therefore utterly unable to answer these two simple and pertinent questions;

1. What, precisely, are the significant and tangible benefits of leaving the EU?
2. What damage to the UK and its citizens is an acceptable price to pay for those benefits?
Alan Henness

There are three fundamental questions for anyone advocating Brexit:

1. What, precisely, are the significant and tangible benefits of leaving the EU?
2. What damage to the UK and its citizens is an acceptable price to pay for those benefits?
3. Which ruling of the ECJ is most persuasive of the need to leave its jurisdiction?

User avatar
Alan H
Posts: 22422
Joined: July 3rd, 2007, 10:26 pm

Re: Brexit News For Brexiteers, please see the link

#11 Postby Alan H » February 13th, 2018, 11:45 am

coffee wrote:Not fast enough!


"NEW YEAR'S LEAVE 2020 Britain to be free of Brussels on New Year’s Eve 2020 – three months early"

"BRITAIN will finally cut ties with Brussels three months earlier than planned on New Year’s Eve 2020, The Sun can reveal."

Here it is

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/5562438/b ... ths-early/
But this is quite funny:
By leaving on the cusp of 2021, rather than in March of that year as originally suggested, the UK will avoid being dragged into another seven year budget cycle.
It was the Tories who wanted a two-year transition (to what, they have not been clear), dragging us into the budget cycle and it was the EU who said the transition would end in 2020!
Alan Henness

There are three fundamental questions for anyone advocating Brexit:

1. What, precisely, are the significant and tangible benefits of leaving the EU?
2. What damage to the UK and its citizens is an acceptable price to pay for those benefits?
3. Which ruling of the ECJ is most persuasive of the need to leave its jurisdiction?

User avatar
Alan H
Posts: 22422
Joined: July 3rd, 2007, 10:26 pm

Re: Brexit News For Brexiteers, please see the link

#12 Postby Alan H » February 13th, 2018, 4:57 pm

Speaking of the 'transition', this is new from Prof Michael Dougan:

Alan Henness

There are three fundamental questions for anyone advocating Brexit:

1. What, precisely, are the significant and tangible benefits of leaving the EU?
2. What damage to the UK and its citizens is an acceptable price to pay for those benefits?
3. Which ruling of the ECJ is most persuasive of the need to leave its jurisdiction?

User avatar
animist
Posts: 6074
Joined: July 30th, 2010, 11:36 pm

Re: Brexit News For Brexiteers, please see the link

#13 Postby animist » February 13th, 2018, 9:14 pm

coffee wrote:Not fast enough!


"NEW YEAR'S LEAVE 2020 Britain to be free of Brussels on New Year’s Eve 2020 – three months early"

"BRITAIN will finally cut ties with Brussels three months earlier than planned on New Year’s Eve 2020, The Sun can reveal."

Here it is

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/5562438/b ... ths-early/
I would not trust any predictions about when or if we leave, coffee. You must have reasons for hating the EU so much - care to share them with us?

User avatar
coffee
Posts: 653
Joined: June 2nd, 2009, 4:53 pm

Re: Brexit News For Brexiteers, please see the link

#14 Postby coffee » February 19th, 2018, 11:36 am

Australia hints UK could join Trans-Pacific Partnership IF Britain leaves EU customs union

BRITAIN could join the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP)regional trade group after leaving the European Union Australia’s Foreign Minister has suggested, but warned if the UK remains in the bloc's customs union any trade deal with Sydney will be impossible.


More of it is here

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/92084 ... toms-union

User avatar
Alan H
Posts: 22422
Joined: July 3rd, 2007, 10:26 pm

Re: Brexit News For Brexiteers, please see the link

#15 Postby Alan H » February 19th, 2018, 11:53 am

coffee wrote:Australia hints UK could join Trans-Pacific Partnership IF Britain leaves EU customs union

BRITAIN could join the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP)regional trade group after leaving the European Union Australia’s Foreign Minister has suggested, but warned if the UK remains in the bloc's customs union any trade deal with Sydney will be impossible.


More of it is here

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/92084 ... toms-union
So we leave a huge trading partnership right on our doorstep and join up to one thousands of miles of land and sea away made up of countries with whom we have little historical trading ties. What do you think will be the pros and cons here?
Alan Henness

There are three fundamental questions for anyone advocating Brexit:

1. What, precisely, are the significant and tangible benefits of leaving the EU?
2. What damage to the UK and its citizens is an acceptable price to pay for those benefits?
3. Which ruling of the ECJ is most persuasive of the need to leave its jurisdiction?

User avatar
coffee
Posts: 653
Joined: June 2nd, 2009, 4:53 pm

Re: Brexit News For Brexiteers, please see the link

#16 Postby coffee » February 19th, 2018, 12:01 pm

'They threaten and threaten!' Brexiteer REVEALS how EU will crumble in Brexit talks

LEADING Brexit supporter Bernard Jenkin has outlined exactly how Britain will succeed in the next phase of negotiations as the European Union will be forced to cave in over their demands.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/92077 ... fstadt-BBC

User avatar
Alan H
Posts: 22422
Joined: July 3rd, 2007, 10:26 pm

Re: Brexit News For Brexiteers, please see the link

#17 Postby Alan H » February 19th, 2018, 12:13 pm

coffee wrote:'They threaten and threaten!' Brexiteer REVEALS how EU will crumble in Brexit talks

LEADING Brexit supporter Bernard Jenkin has outlined exactly how Britain will succeed in the next phase of negotiations as the European Union will be forced to cave in over their demands.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/92077 ... fstadt-BBC
What, precisely, are the UK's aims in the EU negotiations and what would success in achieving them look like?

The article says:
Conservative MP Mr Jenkin claimed the European Union did not “respect” the result of the Brexit vote.
In what way has - or even possibly could - the EU not 'respect' the result of the Brexit vote? By refusing to accept the Article 50 letter? By refusing to hold discussions with David Davis? By refusing to draw up impact assessments? By refusing to meet with Theresa May? What? It seems to me the EU has done far more work preparing for Brexit than the Tories have done.
Alan Henness

There are three fundamental questions for anyone advocating Brexit:

1. What, precisely, are the significant and tangible benefits of leaving the EU?
2. What damage to the UK and its citizens is an acceptable price to pay for those benefits?
3. Which ruling of the ECJ is most persuasive of the need to leave its jurisdiction?

User avatar
animist
Posts: 6074
Joined: July 30th, 2010, 11:36 pm

Re: Brexit News For Brexiteers, please see the link

#18 Postby animist » February 19th, 2018, 12:20 pm

Alan H wrote:
coffee wrote:Australia hints UK could join Trans-Pacific Partnership IF Britain leaves EU customs union

BRITAIN could join the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP)regional trade group after leaving the European Union Australia’s Foreign Minister has suggested, but warned if the UK remains in the bloc's customs union any trade deal with Sydney will be impossible.


More of it is here

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/92084 ... toms-union
So we leave a huge trading partnership right on our doorstep and join up to one thousands of miles of land and sea away made up of countries with whom we have little historical trading ties. What do you think will be the pros and cons here?
there is a good demolition of the TPP option here:
http://chrisgreybrexitblog.blogspot.co. ... ok-to.html

User avatar
coffee
Posts: 653
Joined: June 2nd, 2009, 4:53 pm

Re: Brexit News For Brexiteers, please see the link

#19 Postby coffee » February 19th, 2018, 12:28 pm


User avatar
animist
Posts: 6074
Joined: July 30th, 2010, 11:36 pm

Re: Brexit News For Brexiteers, please see the link

#20 Postby animist » February 19th, 2018, 12:29 pm

Alan H wrote:
coffee wrote:'They threaten and threaten!' Brexiteer REVEALS how EU will crumble in Brexit talks

LEADING Brexit supporter Bernard Jenkin has outlined exactly how Britain will succeed in the next phase of negotiations as the European Union will be forced to cave in over their demands.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/92077 ... fstadt-BBC
What, precisely, are the UK's aims in the EU negotiations and what would success in achieving them look like?

The article says:
Conservative MP Mr Jenkin claimed the European Union did not “respect” the result of the Brexit vote.
In what way has - or even possibly could - the EU not 'respect' the result of the Brexit vote? By refusing to accept the Article 50 letter? By refusing to hold discussions with David Davis? By refusing to draw up impact assessments? By refusing to meet with Theresa May? What? It seems to me the EU has done far more work preparing for Brexit than the Tories have done.
Alan is right, coffee. Do not rely on the Express for any genuine information on the Brexit mess. If Bernard Jenkin thinks that the EU will crumble because of some lack of democratic mandate, he is an idiot - much more likely that the much smaller and weaker UK side will comply when the chips are down, since we are far more affected by Brexit than they are - can you not see that?. What is so disturbing about pro-Brexit tabloid rubbish is that it takes totally incompatible lines on the coming EU-British conflict. The EU will "punish" us by insisting on this or that, yet somehow they will in the end "crumble". They will not crumble, I tell you now. Remember what happpened to Greece?


Return to “Miscellaneous Discussions...”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests