INFORMATION

This website uses cookies to store information on your computer. Some of these cookies are essential to make our site work and others help us to improve by giving us some insight into how the site is being used. For further information, see our Privacy Policy.

Lynne McTaggart and What Doctors Don't Tell You Magazine

Message
Author
User avatar
Dave B
Posts: 17809
Joined: May 17th, 2010, 9:15 pm

Re: Lynne McTaggart and What Doctors Don't Tell You Magazine

#21 Postby Dave B » December 25th, 2014, 11:42 am

Latest post of the previous page:

Oh, and I see that you two get a mention in the comments.

Tut, how could you be so nasty to these poor people? :wink:

Laurie Willberg Simon Singh has ties to Sense abt. Science which is bankrolled by the pharmaceutical cartel. He in turn has helped one Allan Heness and his wife set up The Nightingale Collaboration that specializes in trying to censor information being provided by alternative health care practitioners. They have a posse of organized "skeptic" trolls who bully and try to belittle those on social media who support non-pharma based medical treatments.


Is SS "bankrolled by the pharmaceutical cartel"?

Later: well, after reading this article it might seem that he is not! Or, at least, was not then . . .
"Look forward; yesterday was a lesson, if you did not learn from it you wasted it."
Me, 2015

Maria Mac
Site Admin
Posts: 8750
Joined: July 3rd, 2007, 10:34 pm

Re: Lynne McTaggart and What Doctors Don't Tell You Magazine

#22 Postby Maria Mac » December 25th, 2014, 11:52 am

Neither Sense about Science nor Simon Singh is bankrolled by Big Pharma. Singh is a trustee or SaS, which is a charitable trust, so he cannot profit in any way from it. In its first few years, SaS received a few donations from pharma companies but has received nothing from them for some years now.

http://www.senseaboutscience.org/pages/funding.html

Laurie J Willberg is a completely deranged troll who spends most of her life on social media attacking critics of homeopathy. We're so used to her we hardly notice her any more except on twitter where we have fun winding her up.

User avatar
getreal
Posts: 4353
Joined: November 20th, 2008, 5:40 pm

Re: Lynne McTaggart and What Doctors Don't Tell You Magazine

#23 Postby getreal » December 25th, 2014, 12:53 pm

Well that's surprising (not).

I tried to post a response on the Facebook page and I can't.

Bugger. Now no one will listen to my calls for shamanistic healing to be available on the NHS.
"It's hard to put a leash on a dog once you've put a crown on his head"-Tyrion Lannister.

User avatar
Tetenterre
Posts: 3190
Joined: March 13th, 2011, 11:36 am

Re: Lynne McTaggart and What Doctors Don't Tell You Magazine

#24 Postby Tetenterre » December 27th, 2014, 12:33 pm

Athena wrote:Laurie J Willberg is a completely deranged troll who spends most of her life on social media attacking critics of homeopathy. We're so used to her we hardly notice her any more except on twitter where we have fun winding her up.
She is one of a trio of quackery shills that has justifiably earned the sobriquet "The Cerberus of Stupid" (CoS), the others being Christine Jahnig (also operates as Christy Redd) and Sandra, a Herman Munster Sandra Hermann-Courtney.
Steve

Quantum Theory: The branch of science with which people who know absolutely sod all about quantum theory can explain anything.

User avatar
Tetenterre
Posts: 3190
Joined: March 13th, 2011, 11:36 am

Re: Lynne McTaggart and What Doctors Don't Tell You Magazine

#25 Postby Tetenterre » December 27th, 2014, 3:53 pm

Oops above: delete "Sarah", insert "Sandra"

I blame the wine...
Steve

Quantum Theory: The branch of science with which people who know absolutely sod all about quantum theory can explain anything.

Maria Mac
Site Admin
Posts: 8750
Joined: July 3rd, 2007, 10:34 pm

Re: Lynne McTaggart and What Doctors Don't Tell You Magazine

#26 Postby Maria Mac » December 29th, 2014, 2:10 pm

Tetenterre wrote:Oops above: delete "Sarah", insert "Sandra"

I blame the wine...

Done because it's important to get her name right for Google searches. Were it not for my injured arm and difficulty typing at the moment I would give them their own thread. For the time being I will just post a link to this excellent blog post exposing them for what they are.
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk/blahg/2 ... ary-farce/

User avatar
Dave B
Posts: 17809
Joined: May 17th, 2010, 9:15 pm

Re: Lynne McTaggart and What Doctors Don't Tell You Magazine

#27 Postby Dave B » December 29th, 2014, 3:01 pm

After reading things like that I usually have to do a quick "reality check" on my own understanding of this world - just seems so easy for some people to become self/mutually-delusive that one might become afeared of doing so oneself!

Then I still find myself as being just a bit sceptical about almost everything unless I find evidence made from bunker grade concrete that obeys at least one Universal law and stands up to a good kicking by all.
"Look forward; yesterday was a lesson, if you did not learn from it you wasted it."
Me, 2015

User avatar
Tetenterre
Posts: 3190
Joined: March 13th, 2011, 11:36 am

Re: Lynne McTaggart and What Doctors Don't Tell You Magazine

#28 Postby Tetenterre » December 30th, 2014, 11:18 am

Athena wrote:Done

Thanks! :-)
Steve

Quantum Theory: The branch of science with which people who know absolutely sod all about quantum theory can explain anything.

Maria Mac
Site Admin
Posts: 8750
Joined: July 3rd, 2007, 10:34 pm

Re: Lynne McTaggart and What Doctors Don't Tell You Magazine

#29 Postby Maria Mac » January 8th, 2015, 9:47 pm

Lynne McTaggart of What Doctors Don't Tell You magazine shamelessly exploits Charlie Hebdo tragedy for her own ends.

https://twitter.com/_JosephineJones/sta ... 05/photo/1

Here's a good blog about it: http://wwddtydty.com/2015/01/yes-lynne/

Utterly without class, shame, dignity or integrity. You are dishonest, despicable, morally repugnant, selfish, hypocritical and beneath contempt.

And you are also an idiot. But we already knew that.

Maria Mac
Site Admin
Posts: 8750
Joined: July 3rd, 2007, 10:34 pm

Re: Lynne McTaggart and What Doctors Don't Tell You Magazine

#30 Postby Maria Mac » January 28th, 2015, 9:29 pm


Maria Mac
Site Admin
Posts: 8750
Joined: July 3rd, 2007, 10:34 pm

Re: Lynne McTaggart and What Doctors Don't Tell You Magazine

#31 Postby Maria Mac » May 22nd, 2015, 7:18 pm

I expressed sympathy to Lynne McTaggart after she endured some vile misogynistic abuse - anonymous of course - and she has responded by writing a silly blog post attacking me, Alan and Simon in particular and skeptics in general. She called it 'How do you solve a problem like Maria?' and tried to argue that I'm not being a good humanist according to my own definition. The woman's as dumb as box of rocks, basically.

Anyway, I've posted this response - at the time of writing she has yet to publish it:

I don't think you've quite understood the Golden Rule, Lynne. Treating people as you wish to be treated doesn't mean standing by and watching others do things that can hurt people. On the contrary, it means standing up to wrongdoing.

Just as I object to racism, violence and misogynistic abuse of the kind you experienced, I equally object to being lied to by people who make a profit through the promotion of dangerously misleading and potentially harmful misinformation about healthcare.

Medical qualifications aren't needed to do this any more than you are required to learn basic journalism, though if you had you might have learned about verifying facts before publication. The above blog post is a catalogue of errors.

By the way, nobody encourages targeted bullying except you with blogs like this one. Calling people who call you out on social media 'a cyber bullying lynch mob' and comparing it to the Kristallnacht is pathetic and shameful, frankly.

Maria Mac
Site Admin
Posts: 8750
Joined: July 3rd, 2007, 10:34 pm

Re: Lynne McTaggart and What Doctors Don't Tell You Magazine

#32 Postby Maria Mac » May 24th, 2015, 12:31 am

Lynne published my comment above with this response:

And Maria, it is you who don’t understand the Golden Rule. The Golden Rule simply states that you treat others as you would wish to be treated. It's is all about tolerance and live and let live.

That’s it. End of.

It doesn’t also extend to you some moral high ground sanctioning your attempts to destroy my livelihood or to ban me from distributing my magazine, no matter what you may think of it.

The Golden Rule also doesn’t carry with it some free pass for those who believe they have a corner on the truth.

The point is, everyone in our free society has the right to their own opinion and to freely distribute that opinion. Even though you and your skeptics ardently defend a medical system that the medical authorities acknowledge is now the third leading cause of death in the West, even though I don’t agree with anything you say, I would never seek to deny you a right to express those opinions or deny others a chance to read them if they wish to. You don't have the right to make those decisions for other people.

I also have to question how your claim to believe in the Golden Rule and ‘tolerance’ can square with signing up to an internet site that you clearly don’t agree with so that you can attempt to discredit me to my own audience who happen to be interested in what I have to say.

Everything you have said in your comment illustrates my point precisely. You and your fellow skeptics have created a climate of unreason, and in that hate-fueled zealotry, as with any extremist group, behavior escalates and encourages, even if unwittingly, the kind of violent threats that I’ve experienced.

Maria Mac
Site Admin
Posts: 8750
Joined: July 3rd, 2007, 10:34 pm

Re: Lynne McTaggart and What Doctors Don't Tell You Magazine

#33 Postby Maria Mac » May 24th, 2015, 12:32 am

Here's my as yet unpublished response to her:

Lynne, I know what the Golden Rule states and you are correct that it means treating others as you wish to be treated. However, it is not "all about tolerance and live and let live". As I tried to explain in my previous post, it doesn't mean tolerating behaviour that has the potential to hurt others. On the contrary, it means doing what you can to protect others from that behaviour because that is what I would want others to do for me. And that certainly includes using my right to free speech to use reasoned arguments to try to persuade stockists of your execrable magazine not to sell it. This is not the same as 'banning' it, which is what governments do. Nobody, so far as I know, has suggested it should be 'banned' - indeed I have on more than one occasion encouraged people to subscribe to it - I could probably find the tweets if you don't believe me.

And nobody is claiming to the right to make decisions for other people. What we are doing is challenging the dangerous falsehoods you promote, which are not a matter of opinion but a matter of evidence. People should indeed have a right to make their own decisions but these decisions should be made on truthful information and you are not providing that.

I have no idea what you mean by your accusation that I have signed up to an internet site I don't agree with so I can attempt to discredit you. Do you mean this blog? I sign up here so I can express my disagreement with what you say and hopefully engage you in debate. Why would you have a problem with that? It certainly doesn't contravene the Golden Rule in any way.

Your last sentence, apart from being hysterical nonsense, is extremely ironic given the very personal nature of the attacks you have made publicly on various named individuals and the general rabid hatred you direct at your critics in general.


User avatar
animist
Posts: 6024
Joined: July 30th, 2010, 11:36 pm

Re: Lynne McTaggart and What Doctors Don't Tell You Magazine

#34 Postby animist » May 24th, 2015, 9:12 am

Athena wrote:Here's my as yet unpublished response to her:

Lynne, I know what the Golden Rule states and you are correct that it means treating others as you wish to be treated. However, it is not "all about tolerance and live and let live". As I tried to explain in my previous post, it doesn't mean tolerating behaviour that has the potential to hurt others. On the contrary, it means doing what you can to protect others from that behaviour because that is what I would want others to do for me. And that certainly includes using my right to free speech to use reasoned arguments to try to persuade stockists of your execrable magazine not to sell it. This is not the same as 'banning' it, which is what governments do. Nobody, so far as I know, has suggested it should be 'banned' - indeed I have on more than one occasion encouraged people to subscribe to it - I could probably find the tweets if you don't believe me.

And nobody is claiming to the right to make decisions for other people. What we are doing is challenging the dangerous falsehoods you promote, which are not a matter of opinion but a matter of evidence. People should indeed have a right to make their own decisions but these decisions should be made on truthful information and you are not providing that.

I have no idea what you mean by your accusation that I have signed up to an internet site I don't agree with so I can attempt to discredit you. Do you mean this blog? I sign up here so I can express my disagreement with what you say and hopefully engage you in debate. Why would you have a problem with that? It certainly doesn't contravene the Golden Rule in any way.

Your last sentence, apart from being hysterical nonsense, is extremely ironic given the very personal nature of the attacks you have made publicly on various named individuals and the general rabid hatred you direct at your critics in general.

good luck as ever, Athena. I noticed that your last three paragraphs are repeated

Maria Mac
Site Admin
Posts: 8750
Joined: July 3rd, 2007, 10:34 pm

Re: Lynne McTaggart and What Doctors Don't Tell You Magazine

#35 Postby Maria Mac » May 24th, 2015, 5:13 pm

Thanks, animist. I've edited the repetition out now. I think I got muddled pasting here because of the character count on her blog meant I had to split my comment into two.

Edited to add superb response by Guy Chapman UNDER ATTACK? TRY SMEARING SOMEONE WHO HAD ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH IT.

Maria Mac
Site Admin
Posts: 8750
Joined: July 3rd, 2007, 10:34 pm

Re: Lynne McTaggart and What Doctors Don't Tell You Magazine

#36 Postby Maria Mac » June 12th, 2015, 2:27 pm

The latest issue of Private Eye magazine has the story of the alleged hacking of McTaggart's website. I use the word 'alleged' deliberately because, although I was initially completely taken in by this story and was shocked and horrified enough to go and comment on Lynne McTaggart's blog that I hoped the perpetrators would be brought to justice - BIG mistake on my part - as a result of her response to me combined with the fact that she has given the story to Private Eye, the story no longer rings true, as far as I'm concerned.

Who of those campaigning against the magazine she edits and publishes knew or cared that she has a daughter or what car she drives? And why is she so keen that people should know the vile content of the message allegedly posted on the allegedly hacked website and which is completely out of character of any of the criticisms made publicly either of the magazine or of Lynne herself? These have focused on the dangerously misleading content of the magazine and on Lynne's evident lack of personal integrity in the way she has published personal defamatory attacks on some of her critiques (see earlier posts). I personally know some of her most active critics and I would swear on my life that none would dream of posting vile misogynistic abuse against any woman anywhere.

If her website was indeed hacked and the abuse real, I'd wager it is someone waging a personal vendetta against her and has nothing to do with her crappy magazine but she is trying to pin it on her magazine's critics. Alternatively, she could have faked the whole thing. I understand it is far easier to fake a hacking than to actually hack someone else's site. As she has repeatedly demonstrated a lack of ethics in her personal behaviour I frankly wouldn't put it past her.
Attachments
private eye wddty.png
private eye wddty.png (223.96 KiB) Viewed 1438 times

User avatar
Alan H
Posts: 22257
Joined: July 3rd, 2007, 10:26 pm

Re: Lynne McTaggart and What Doctors Don't Tell You Magazine

#37 Postby Alan H » June 12th, 2015, 10:22 pm

Although I don't seem to have a screenshot of it, I'm sure I saw the hacked page in Google's cache, so the index page on her website had certainly been changed to the graphic she showed. However, that gives no clue as to who did it...
Alan Henness

There are three fundamental questions for anyone advocating Brexit:

1. What, precisely, are the significant and tangible benefits of leaving the EU?
2. What damage to the UK and its citizens is an acceptable price to pay for those benefits?
3. Which ruling of the ECJ is most persuasive of the need to leave its jurisdiction?

Maria Mac
Site Admin
Posts: 8750
Joined: July 3rd, 2007, 10:34 pm

Re: Lynne McTaggart and What Doctors Don't Tell You Magazine

#38 Postby Maria Mac » August 27th, 2015, 1:22 pm

More evidence of Lynne McTaggart's total disregard for the truth.

The latest issue contains a letter saying Alan is Director of the General Pharmaceutical Council.

https://twitter.com/zeno001/status/6368 ... 60/photo/1

User avatar
Alan H
Posts: 22257
Joined: July 3rd, 2007, 10:26 pm

Re: Lynne McTaggart and What Doctors Don't Tell You Magazine

#39 Postby Alan H » August 27th, 2015, 2:33 pm

Athena wrote:More evidence of Lynne McTaggart's total disregard for the truth.

The latest issue contains a letter saying Alan is Director of the General Pharmaceutical Council.

https://twitter.com/zeno001/status/6368 ... 60/photo/1

See: viewtopic.php?p=181826#p181826
Alan Henness

There are three fundamental questions for anyone advocating Brexit:

1. What, precisely, are the significant and tangible benefits of leaving the EU?
2. What damage to the UK and its citizens is an acceptable price to pay for those benefits?
3. Which ruling of the ECJ is most persuasive of the need to leave its jurisdiction?


Return to “"Whistleblowing" internet bullies especially Angel Garden (aka AmazonNewsMedia) and Steve Paris”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest