INFORMATION

This website uses cookies to store information on your computer. Some of these cookies are essential to make our site work and others help us to improve by giving us some insight into how the site is being used. For further information, see our Privacy Policy.

God was a Jew and other jokes

Enter here for humour and irreverence.
animist

Re: God was a Jew and other jokes

#301 Postby animist » March 3rd, 2018, 1:01 pm

Latest post of the previous page:

VINDICATOR wrote:Dear Tetenterre,
My opinions on Islam is not based on just one or two bad guys. Islam is the worst "religion" on the Earth today. Islam keeps spawning evil cults like Boko Haram, (which just kidnapped another hundred Christian school girls for sex slaves. They say that Allah tells them to do it!), Taliban, ISIS, alQaeda, AL-Shabaab, etc. Islam has made a shit hole of the Middle East and North Africa. Don't drag out KKK to prove how bad Christians are, ISIS kills more people in one week than KKK killed in 100 years! (Many of them killed by the hundreds of the ISIS recruits from the UK!) Muslims cannot be assimilated into our society. Shariah law demands that any Muslim that doesn't obey Shariah law 100% is to be Fatwa (killed).
Islam created the millions of refugees in the Middle East. Why don't those opulent Islam countries rolling in petro-dollars take them in? They have so much money that they don't know what to do with it. The refugees there wouldn't need to assimilate, they would right at home! But no, they spend all their money on building mile-high sky scrapers, or turning the scorching deserts into ski resorts! and turn away all refugees.
What percent of the Muslim refugees have been assimilated? I hear that there are 88 "Shariah Courts" in the UK. You yourself are almost "assimilated" already!
a couple of points. "Fatwa" does not mean kill, it is just an edict and could be on anything. There are sharia courts in some part of Britain but they do not supersede UK law, and you make ridiculous claims over the power of Muslims here. If anything, I wish they were more prominent in national life. Yes, much terrorism and violence is linked to Islam, but that hardly justifies calling it all the names you do; Muslims are often the victims of both other Muslims and other faiths. Get a grip - as I asked before, do you know many Muslims?

VINDICATOR

#302 Postby VINDICATOR » March 3rd, 2018, 5:42 pm

Dear animist,
Let me put this straight. I don't hate Muslims. I feel sorry for them. Being born a Muslim is being caught in a trap that they can't escape from. Shariah law says that anyone trying to leave Islam will be executed.
You think that Muslims can be assimilated into western culture. Where is your proof? I believe that they will assimilate you! Let's just wait and see who is correct!
You're very correct when you say Muslims are often the victims of other Muslims. The Sunnis and Shias have been murdering each other for Centuries. The Muslims kill almost as many other Muslims as they kill infidels. They are blowing up each other's mosques all the time. At least a million Muslims died in the Iran-Iraq war from 1980 to 1988. That's why they call it "the religion of piece!"

Alan H

#303 Postby Alan H » March 3rd, 2018, 5:56 pm

VINDICATOR wrote:Dear animist,
Let me put this straight. I don't hate Muslims. I feel sorry for them. Being born a Muslim is being caught in a trap that they can't escape from. Shariah law says that anyone trying to leave Islam will be executed.
You think that Muslims can be assimilated into western culture. Where is your proof? I believe that they will assimilate you! Let's just wait and see who is correct!
You're very correct when you say Muslims are often the victims of other Muslims. The Sunnis and Shias have been murdering each other for Centuries. The Muslims kill almost as many other Muslims as they kill infidels. They are blowing up each other's mosques all the time. At least a million Muslims died in the Iran-Iraq war from 1980 to 1988. That's why they call it "the religion of piece!"

The Muslims I know don't seem to want to kill me: is there someone I should report them to for not being proper Muslims?
Alan Henness

There are three fundamental questions for anyone advocating Brexit:

1. What, precisely, are the significant and tangible benefits of leaving the EU?
2. What damage to the UK and its citizens is an acceptable price to pay for those benefits?
3. Which ruling of the ECJ is most persuasive of the need to leave its jurisdiction?

VINDICATOR

#304 Postby VINDICATOR » March 4th, 2018, 11:39 am

Let's stop discussing who will assimilate who. Let's come back in 10 to 20 years and we will know!

Let's have a bit of humor today. Here are 2 questions that might interest you:
1-Q: Why do the British eat chicken with their fingers? A: because Queen Victoria first did it. So they do it to commemorate her.
2-Q: Should celery be eaten with the fingers? A: No. The fingers should be eaten seperately!

:hilarity: :hilarity: :hilarity:

animist

#305 Postby animist » March 4th, 2018, 1:48 pm

VINDICATOR wrote:Dear animist,
I do agree with some of what you say, but making bets on who will assimilate whom is a bit pointless. Actually the Iran-Iraq war was nothing much to do with religion and everything to do with the megalomaniac ambitions of secular Iraqi dictator Saddam Hussein. And for the third time of asking, do you know many Muslims?

Tetenterre

#306 Postby Tetenterre » March 4th, 2018, 4:35 pm

VINDICATOR wrote:What percent of the Muslim refugees have been assimilated?
I don't know and I don't care, but probably a higher percentage than that of the European Christian settlers that assimilated into the indigenous cultures of Africa, Australia, the Indian sub-continent, or North America. What I do like is that people from various cultures that have settled in these islands have not "assimilated", with the consequence that I can benefit from contact with the music, art, cuisine, etc of those cultures. It is, after all, a multi-cultural planet.

I hear that there are 88 "Shariah Courts" in the UK.
There are lots of kinds of cultural or interest-group courts (eg the Jockey Club), all of which are subordinate to the laws of the land.

You yourself are almost "assimilated" already
Shit! I'm Borg and I didn't know it.
Steve

Quantum Theory: The branch of science with which people who know absolutely sod all about quantum theory can explain anything.

VINDICATOR

#307 Postby VINDICATOR » March 5th, 2018, 1:43 pm

Winston Churchill was one of the greatest heros in history. If it weren't for his staunch resistance to Hitler perhaps the whole of Europe would be the "Third Reich" and you would all have to speak German and we wouldn't be able to communicate on the Internet! After WWII he warned us again; that Stalin was pulling an "Iron Curtain" between them and us, and Europe was plunged into the "Cold War"! If he were alive today, what would he alert us to? We can only guess, but his dark humor will ring down in history in his quotes like the one below:

Lady Astor: "Sir, if you were my husband I would put poison in your tea!"
Churchill: "Madam, if I were your husband I would drink it!"

:hilarity: :hilarity: :hilarity:

VINDICATOR

#308 Postby VINDICATOR » March 6th, 2018, 11:00 am

Age of consent:
I just saw in the CNN News (A very reliable media) that France is going to make a law making 15 as the age of consent. Because two girls of 11 got layed but didn't scream for help, So the culprits go scot-free! Most countries have similar ages of consent. In the US and Uk it's 16. Any sex with a girl of this age is considered a rape! According to this standard, the Virgin Mary was raped by God because she was only 12! Perhaps one of the most serious cases in history was when Mohammed "married" Aisha when she was 6! Since Mo. couldn't do anything wrong, that's why the Shariah Law puts the age of consent at 6!

Alan H

#309 Postby Alan H » March 6th, 2018, 11:09 am

VINDICATOR wrote:Shariah Law puts the age of consent at 6!
This article puts the legal marriage age (with parental consent) for both boys and girls in two countries under Sharia law - Saudi Arabia and Sudan -
as 10: World minimum marriage age: Chart shows the lowest age you can legally get married around the world.
Alan Henness

There are three fundamental questions for anyone advocating Brexit:

1. What, precisely, are the significant and tangible benefits of leaving the EU?
2. What damage to the UK and its citizens is an acceptable price to pay for those benefits?
3. Which ruling of the ECJ is most persuasive of the need to leave its jurisdiction?

animist

#310 Postby animist » March 6th, 2018, 11:45 am

this article, written by a Muslim, looks a pretty fair attempt to deal with what, without wanting to blacken the Muslim religion, is clearly a complex and real problem: http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/mehdi-h ... 10440.html As usual, the baleful influence of Saudi Arabia is evident

VINDICATOR

#311 Postby VINDICATOR » March 6th, 2018, 2:38 pm

Dear animist,
Thanks for the link. I read it and once again I felt sorry for the Muslims trapped in the trap called "Islam". You should Know that Islam is divided into 2 great armies, the Sunni and the Shia, that have been fighting each other for 14 Centuries. When you say "baleful influence of Saudi Arabia" that proves you are a friend of the Shias, because Saudi Arabia is the Headquarters of of the Sunni army. It is estimated that Sunnis account for at least 85% of the Muslim population, so you stand by the Shia minority. The Hadith written by Aisha herself saying she married Mohammed at 6 is recognized by the Sunnis but not recognized by the Shia. I hope you have more Shia than Sunni in UK, they seem to be more liberal. Btw,the ISIS Kaliphate is Sunni.

Tetenterre

#312 Postby Tetenterre » March 6th, 2018, 3:02 pm

Vinnie:
animist wrote:And for the third time of asking, do you know many Muslims?
I'd be curious to know the answer to this as well. Also wondering if the m in many is redundant.
Steve

Quantum Theory: The branch of science with which people who know absolutely sod all about quantum theory can explain anything.

VINDICATOR

#313 Postby VINDICATOR » March 7th, 2018, 4:55 am

Dear animist and Tetenterre,
Why do you keep asking me if I know any Muslims? If I didn't, does that mean I don't have the right to discuss them? How many Nazis do you know. If you don't have any Nazi friends then don't say so many nasty things about them! All of my knowledge on the activities of the Muslims are obtained from the media, such as the 9/11, Boston Marathon, San Bernardino, Orlando, and kidnapping of hundreds of girl students for sex-slaves in Africa, shooting school girls in the face in Pakistan, and all the innocent people that the ISIS murdered, including all the gays they threw from the roof-tops. You should know that there was also large scale terrorist slaughter in France, England, Spain, Russia, etc. all over the world. Don't you ever read the news? Do I have to know some Muslims personally to have the right to criticize them for teaching their children how to behead the infidels?
Time and again I said that I don't hate the Muslims, because they are caught in a trap (Islam) from which there is no escape! Muslims aren't evil, it's their religion which is evil! I am especially sorry for the Muslim women who are the lowest on the Islamic totem-pole!
If you love the Muslims that's ok by me. I just feel sorry for them!

Tetenterre

#314 Postby Tetenterre » March 7th, 2018, 10:57 am

VINDICATOR wrote:Dear animist and Tetenterre,
Why do you keep asking me if I know any Muslims?
I obviously can't speak for animist, but I was curious to know because you seem to generalise about "Muslims" from what appears to be media stereotypes. Knowing people socially can quickly and easily puncture the BS that infests those media stereotypes.

If I didn't, does that mean I don't have the right to discuss them?
Nobody has suggested that, as far as I can see.

All of my knowledge on the activities of the Muslims are obtained from the media,
I suspected as much; thank you for confirming it. You might like to consider how the media selects the stories they publish.

Do I have to know some Muslims personally to have the right to criticize them for teaching their children how to behead the infidels?
Of course not. But I would argue that criticising he individuals that actually teach it would be far more productive than generalising from it. Of course there is a problem with Islamist extremism, but I suggest that treating all Muslims as though they were potential extremists is more likely to drive those so treated towards extremism, not away from it.

Muslims aren't evil, it's their religion which is evil!
No more so than most others, in my opinion.
Steve

VINDICATOR

#315 Postby VINDICATOR » March 7th, 2018, 1:16 pm

Dear Tetenterre,
Yes, the media does a lot of lying, however that is the principle source of my information, I can't go to Africa to personally check on how many school girls the Boko Harem has kidnapped for sex slaves. The media said that last week they just kidnapped another 110 school girls. How many did your Muslim friends say they kidnapped? Are their figures reliable? Please tell me what your Muslim friends say about these atrocities. If I were a Muslim, I would mobilize an army of Muslims to go to Africa and fight to liberate these girls to vindicate my religion, and not just sit around watching the show and let the infidels think that all Muslims are like that! The no responce of the "good Muslims" is what really damages the image of their religion! I notice that the Muslim girl hero Malala can't seem to do anything about it either. Stand up Muslims, vindicate your religion! If you don't die for your religion then you will die with your religion!

VINDICATOR

#316 Postby VINDICATOR » March 9th, 2018, 2:18 pm

Have you ever heard of the evolution of human understanding of the universe? It's much more interesting than biological evolution. I can give you a brief introduction here. Actually, most educated people know it already, but compiling it into a system makes it more interesting.

Step 1:
About 4000 years ago some intelligent bronze age nomads realized that the problem of what the Earth is, should be solved. So these sages came up with different solutions, such as the infinite stack of giant turtles/elephants, etc. The Jews were the most intelligent and wrote down how they thought the universe was created, which has been passed down thru the Centuries in the Bible. It is rather confusing to read it directly from the "6 days of creation" in the Bible, so I have rewritten it to make it more concise:
On the first day God made daylight so we could have a 24 hour day with morning, noon, evening, and night.
On day 2 God created the sky which he called a "dome" which is in effect is the roof/ceiling of the universe to protect the Earth.
On day 3 God created the land, sea, animals and plants.
On day 4 God created the sun, moon, and stars. He then stuck them on the "dome" for the purpose of fortune telling! This completed the construction of the universe which is a patch of ground covered by a dome on which the sun, moon, and stars are attached. This universe is just like a huge planetarium!
Don't laugh, this was a pretty good guess at the time!

Step 2:
The ancient Greek philosopher Aristotle arrived at the conclusion that the Earth was a sphere because the shadow of the Earth on the moon is round!.

Step 3:
The Ancient Greek scientist Ptolemy proposed the geocentric model of the solar system. Although he was wrong, still this was a revolutionary proposal at the time because it proclaimed a solar system!

Step 4:
In 1543 the Polish astronomer Copernicus proposed the heliocentric model for the solar system which was quite revolutionary at the time and he was accused of heracy by the Catholic Church! Although this was a revolutionary proposal, however, Copernicus was wrong, because he said that the sun was the center of the universe!

Step 5:
Perhaps the greatest astronomer in history, the Italian Sage Giordano Bruno gave the first correct description of our universe. He said: "There is no center of the universe. Every star we see is a "sun" with it's own planetary system!" This description of the universe made 5 Centuries ago, is absolutely correct even today! It took scientists a whole Century to discover the gravity waves that Einstein predicted, But it took astronomers 5 Centuries to find the exoplanets that Bruno predicted! Bruno should be given a Nobel Prize. But the Church burned him at the stake for heresy!

animist

#317 Postby animist » March 9th, 2018, 2:36 pm

VINDICATOR wrote:Dear Tetenterre,If I were a Muslim, I would mobilize an army of Muslims to go to Africa and fight to liberate these girls to vindicate my religion, and not just sit around watching the show and let the infidels think that all Muslims are like that! The no responce of the "good Muslims" is what really damages the image of their religion! I notice that the Muslim girl hero Malala can't seem to do anything about it either.
if you care about these Nigerian girls as you claim then why not raise an army anyway? Malala may not be able to do much about it, how would she? But she is one of many Muslims who do respond with disgust to terrorism: https://www.theguardian.com/world/short ... rism-stats

VINDICATOR

#318 Postby VINDICATOR » March 10th, 2018, 6:02 am

Dear animist,
Since the Boko Haram call themselves Muslims, then any army going to liberate the girls they kidnapped would have to be Muslim too, for 2 reasons:
First of all, only a Muslim liberation army can vindicate Islam for the crimes of the Muslim Boko Haram. An infidel army liberating those poor girls would be proof that all Muslims are either bad or at least they condone evil done by other bad Muslims.
Secondly, sending an infidel army to fight the Muslim Boko Haram would be seen as "international anti Islam bigotry"!
There are several Muslim armies that could easily pull it off. The Iranian and Saudi Arabian armies are even powerful enough to fight the US army! It would only take a few days for them to do it. What are they waiting for? What are your Muslim friends waiting for?

Tetenterre

#319 Postby Tetenterre » March 10th, 2018, 1:22 pm

I think we should try to get the facts right here:

VINDICATOR wrote:The ancient Greek philosopher Aristotle arrived at the conclusion that the Earth was a sphere because the shadow of the Earth on the moon is round!.
That was actually the Pythagoreans who developed that argument. By the end of the 5th Cent BCE, learned Greeks accepted it (according to Empedocles, anyway) - this was over a century before Aristotle's birth.

The Ancient Greek scientist Ptolemy proposed the geocentric model of the solar system.
The geocentric model predated Ptolemy by several centuries. E.g. Eudoxus of Cnidus proposed a model in the 4th Cent BCE; it was refined by, inter alia, Herakleides of Pontus and Aristotle, on the way to Ptolemy's significant refinements (which included the introduction of the notion of circles instead of spheres, refined by deferents, eccentrics and epicycles).

In 1543 the Polish astronomer Copernicus proposed the heliocentric model for the solar system which was quite revolutionary at the time and he was accused of heracy by the Catholic Church!
That is simply not true. Copernicus died in 1543. Heliocentricity was not declared false and heretical until 1616.

Bruno should be given a Nobel Prize. But the Church burned him at the stake for heresy!
Two points:
* The Nobel prize did not exist when he was alive, and they cannot be awarded posthumously.
* Giordano Bruno's heresy was pantheism and opposition to several Catholic religious doctrines, and nothing to do with his support for heliocentricity (which was not a heresy at the time of his death in 1600).

If anyone wants a good overview of the revolutions in 16th/17th century cosmology in Europe, Stuart Clark's The Sky's Dark Labyrinth is very good indeed and, although it is a novel, is a lot more accurate than many so-called factual books!
Steve

VINDICATOR

#320 Postby VINDICATOR » March 11th, 2018, 5:58 am

Dear Tetenterre,
Thanks for the corrections to my post. Yes, I make mistakes too. However, my motive was to show how the universe "evolved" down the centuries. (Actually it is the evolution of human outlook on the universe that evolved.)
I divide it into 5 steps, simply stated as below:
Step 1. The universe is a huge planetarium. Our Earth is the flat floor of the universe.
Step 2. Our Earth is a sphere.
Step 3: The Earth is the center of the universe, everything revolves around the Earth.
Step 4: The sun is the center of the universe, everything revolves around the sun.
Step 5: There is no center of the universe, every star we see is a sun which can have it's own planetary system.
Step 5 is the basic description of the universe, given by Bruno 5 Centuries ago, and is still correct today! The exoplanets (planets around other stars) that he hypothesized, were only discovered by astronomers about 20 years ago. Bruno was a super genius and the father of modern astronomy.

VINDICATOR

#321 Postby VINDICATOR » March 14th, 2018, 2:24 pm

Stephen Hawking, the great British scientist and humanist is gone. Aside from his uncanny insight into the universe and it's mysteries, he was very loyal to the human race and did everything in his power to protect us from
destruction and self destruction. For instance, he warned us about contacting aliens with superior technology and used the example of how the colonialists with superior technology treated the backward Indians! Why do I call him a Humanist? Let him speak for himself. Here are some of his Quotes:
On religion:
"I believe the simplest explanation is there is no God. No one created the universe, and no one directs our fate. (We are responsible for our own fate) This leads me to the profound realization that there is no Heaven and no afterlife either. We have this one life to appreciate the grand design of the universe, and for that, I am extremely grateful!"
"I regard the brain as a computer, which will stop working when it's components fail. There is no heaven or afterlife for broken down computers! That is a fairy tale for people afraid of the dark!"

See how brave he was. for dozens of years he was living on the edge of death. That didn't scare him at all, he spent all his time in the service of humanity! He wasn't like the scaredy-cat Pascal who was so afraid of going to Hell that he went to Church and worshipped God anyway, even though he knew God was a figment of the imagination! Hawking's philosophy is very similar to Einstein's. As they say, "Great minds run in the same circles"!

Return to “Comedy Club”